Young Writer Opportunities
This is a fantastic time of year for young writers with some great comps and exciting opportunities on offer. Click here to check out the details of the many open right now, including The Future Leaders Writing Prize; the Patrick White Indigenous Young Writers Award; the National Young Writers Festival happening in October among multiple others.
All fabulous opportunities to get your writing in front of judges, publishers and selection panels and there’s some not insignificant cash prizes going.
So get those stories and poems in fast for those comps closing soon.
Some tips for success:
- Follow submission guidelines (exactly)
- Redraft, redraft, redraft
- Read your work aloud to pick up jars and jolts and to check for rhythm
- Vary your sentence structure
- Be strenuous at spell-checking and proofreading
- Flick off that fear goblin nagging on your shoulder. If you’ve put in the work – it’s ready. Repeat – flick and submit.
If anyone reading here knows of any writing opportunities or competitions for young writers, not listed on the YWR page, I’d love you to leave me the details in a comment or email me the link. Thnx.
Share this page
Categories: Young Writers Resources